Security Checkpoint Officer - PT
Bloomington, MN, USA
Wednesday, November 8, 2023
PURPOSE: To professionally and effectively carry out and manage the duties, tasks and responsibilities required to be efficient at the loading dock and Gate 7 checkpoints.
- Maintain accountability of all personnel and vehicles entering Gate 7 or the Loading Dock that gain access to restricted areas.
- Maintain the Gate 7 and Loading Dock offices.
- Responsible for safety and security of Gate 7 and the Loading Dock.
- Take appropriate action in emergencies.
- Operation of the Loading Dock and Gate 7 arms, as well as the Loading Dock door.
- Vet contractors, vendors and mall/tenant employees wishing to work in the MOA.
- Inspect and swab the vehicles of contractors, vendors and mall/tenant employees through the use of ETD and other equipment.
- Manage forms, issued badges, hot work permits, and all administrative responsibilities for Gate 7 and Loading Dock operations.
- Assist customers in completing paperwork to receive a temporary restricted access badge as appropriate for their business on MOA property.
- Issue and receive Preferred Contractors and Vendor Badges.
- Thorough knowledge of MOA Gate 7 and Loading Dock procedures.
- In addition to MOA policy, in-depth knowledge of acceptable ID's and security features.
- Knowledge of MOA interior and exterior geography.
- Enforce MOA rules and policies, as well as state and local statutes.
- Deter criminal or destructive behavior by maintaining a highly visible security presence on MOA property.
- Provide outstanding guest service. This may include, but is not limited to: providing directions or assisting in the location of lost persons or vehicles.
- Respond and appropriately deal with life threatening emergencies or incident calls as directed. This may include, but is not limited to: medical emergencies, intoxicated persons and addressing persons committing illegal acts.
- Utilize quick decision-making skills and sound judgment acting in accordance with MOA Security policy and procedure as well as state and local statutes.
- Write detailed and accurate incident reports as required.
- Ensure proper radio traffic, which includes keeping dispatchers and supervisors informed of all pertinent incidents and activities according to departmental guidelines.
- Requests Police, Fire or EMS services as necessary.
- Conduct periodic safety/fire inspections as assigned, conduct traffic direction and ensure the overall safety of the immediate work area as well as surrounding areas.
- Uphold high personal and professional standards as set forth by the MOA Security Department.
- Perform various tenant relations activities, including but not limited to assisting in presenting information for tenants on loss prevention, participating in other safety awareness and loss prevention programs, distributing various correspondence and reports from Mall Management, establishing good working relationships with tenants and MOA staff.
- Monitor safety awareness practices among MOA staff and tenants. Promptly identify and report any hazardous conditions according to procedure.
- May be required to work mandatory overtime and short notice special events as necessary.
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Roof/door access security details may be required.
- May be assigned to the following areas: Patrol supporting roles, PEP enforcement, traffic control, crowd control, line control or bag checks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work variable and/or rotating shifts, which include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in stressful situations, utilizing rational thinking and decision making.
- Ability to accept, prioritize and follow through on work direction.
- Maintain an adequate level of physical fitness to perform duties of position effectively (i.e., timely and effective response to emergency situations).
- Eligible to be licensed as a Security Officer in the State of Minnesota. This requires that you have no record of conviction for crimes against persons or property as revealed through a fingerprint check with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and/or the FBI.
- Must submit to drug testing as a condition of employment in the Security Department.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary education.
- Military experience.
- Working knowledge of state and federal criminal justice statutes and law enforcement procedures
- Law Enforcement Skills training.
- Successful completion of an in-house 40 hour training program.
- Successful completion of a 3-4 week field training program.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking - Frequently
- Standing - Frequently
- Reaching at or below shoulder level - Frequently
- Bending - Frequently
- Stooping/Squatting/Kneeling - Occasionally
- Climbing - Frequently
- Sitting - Occasionally
- Carrying up to 50 lbs - Occasionally