PURPOSE: To ensure guests, tenants and team members at Mall of America have a positive experience by providing service related to guest safety/relations and the enforcement of the Parental Escort Policy.
- Enforcing and ensuring compliance of the Parental Escort Policy
- Perform various guest relations activities including but not limited to providing directions to guests, assisting in the location of lost persons, cars, etc.
- Provide outstanding internal and external guest service at all times
- Utilize quick decision-making skills and sound judgment acting in accordance with MOA Security policy and procedure as well as state and local statutes
- Ensure proper radio traffic which includes keeping Dispatchers and Supervisors informed of all pertinent incidents and activities according to department guidelines.
- Respond to incident calls as directed by dispatcher or supervisor; may provide first aid or CPR in life threatening situations; requests police or EMS services as necessary
- Complete accurate reports as required, including incident, accident, or personal injury reports
- Uphold high personal and professional standards as set forth by the MOA Security Department
- Monitor safety awareness practices among Mall staff and tenants; promptly identify and report any hazardous conditions according to procedure
- Occasional roof/door access security details may be required
- May be assigned to the following areas: foot patrol, special events conducting crowd control, or stationary posts monitoring access to restricted areas
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work variable shifts, which include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including: frequent and sustained walking, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, crawling and frequent and extensive use of hands and arms
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must submit to drug testing as a condition of employment in the Security Department
- Successful completion of an in-house 40-hour training program
- Successful completion of 2-3-week field training program
- Maintain an adequate level of physical fitness to perform duties of position effectively
- Ability to remain calm and effective in challenging situations; ability to accept direction
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary education
- Military experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal criminal justice statutes and law enforcement procedures
- Training in first aid, CPR, and related public safety skills.
- Three months of on-the-job experience related to law enforcement/security.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking - Frequently 90%
- Standing - Frequently 90%
- Reaching at or below shoulder level - Frequently 90%
- Bending - Occasionally 30%
- Stooping/Squatting/Kneeling - Occasionally 30%
Pay type: hourly part time